Sometimes being brave only requires the smallest step towards something unfamiliar. Keep stepping, darling… Keturah Ford, M.S. Ed.
Prior experiences have led Keturah on her unique journey and she looks forward to seeing more people thrive in their relationships as a person of support.
She served as a featured speaker at the 2012 Single, Saved, & Satisfied Conference in Virginia and the 2013 New Jersey Association of Ministers’ Wives & Ministers’ Widows Retreat. She later wrote her first book about faith and marriage in 2015. Her desire was to further her educational studies, so she completed Advanced Training at the Center for Pastoral Counseling at Emerge Counseling Services in 2017 with a specialization in Emotional Management. She is also recognized as an Apprentice Trauma Healing Group Facilitator through the American Bible Society.
As the Founder and Consultant of Healthy Relationships Network (founded in 2017), Keturah simply desires to see people love and receive love “well” as teen dating violence, domestic abuse, and family dysfunction continues to plague individuals and communities. She has a heart for women who suffer in unhealthy relationships as she is no stranger to overcoming relationship problems herself in the past as a result of God’s intervention in her life and the support of some great people.
Her platform for service is heavily geared towards “purpose” and “prevention” as she hopes to reach a unique group of women who desire to:
- put romance in the proper perspective as they build on being well-rounded individuals – emotionally, spiritually, etc.
- prepare wisely for the relationships and marriages they hope to belong to in the future
- live as purposeful wives, mothers, and responsible citizens who impart wisdom to the next generation
- connect with other women in “sisterhood” capacities and opportunities
- gain meaning in life despite the reality of past mistakes, personal struggles, and trauma-related incidents
Faith, Accountability, and Transparency are at the core of Keturah’s work at Healthy Relationships Network:
- Faith: Leads us to a source (God) that helps us reach beyond our human capabilities
- Accountability: Leads us to avoiding isolation on our relationship journey while being inspired by knowledgeable insight, testimonies, etc.
- Transparency: Leads us to stop “hiding” behind shame and dysfunction while gaining a safe place to communicate
Keturah also attributes much of her experience to a career in adult education (2003 – 2018) where she helped countless at-risk students/clients achieve their goals (despite their many obstacles) as she coached, counseled, mentored, and cheered them to the finish line of getting their GED, improving family literacy skills, passing important entrance exams, obtaining a college degree, changing careers, or starting a business. She is still in touch with many of her students today who utilize her for professional references and as a person of support for other life transitions. She’s also been extremely active in church ministry (since 2005) teaching, preaching, and coordinating events just for women and youth/young adults.
Two of Keturah’s greatest joys and most important roles are being a wife to Jason for the last 12 years and a mom to Jordyn, a “spunky” preschooler.
- The College of New Jersey
- Thomas Edison State University (Bachelor of Arts in Sociology)
- Purdue University Global (Masters Degree in Education)
- Jameson School of Ministry
- Center for Pastoral Counseling (Certificate of Completion in Emotional Management)
- Trauma Healing Institute at American Bible Society (Apprentice Trauma Healing Group Facilitator)
- WIMG 1300 Radio: Today’s Topic (Radio Guest) – February 2019
- Girlfriends Gather: Let’s Talk About It Series (Organizer/Facilitator) – June 2018 – Present
- African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey: Empowerment Hour Radio Show (Radio Guest) – September 2018
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania: Queen’s Gathering 2018 (Guest Speaker) – October 2018
- Eastern University: Goode Scholars Leadership Program/Fall Semester (Guest Speaker) – October 2018
- Bargain Shopping
- Traveling to Interesting Places
- Husband of 12 years – Jason Ford
- 5-year old daughter – Jordyn Ford
Desire to have Keturah speak at your special event? Email her @ KeturahAFord@gmail.com or CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.